Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Back to work

My goodness, what a day. I was babysitting for my friend's kids and setting up my classroom. I just can't believe the amount of work that goes into stapeling things on the wall! I am not sure if I am ready to go back and I am nervous about making the decision to coach or not coach basketball. I have to decide soon and it would be in the best interest of my overseas team to sacrifice this part of my job that I love. It is a huge sacrifice because basketball has been such a great ministry for me but I see where greater work is in the future and I must prepare. Ohh if I could just have the words to say, answers to give, and courage to sacrifice for the Lord the way I know I am asked to...
Today I also took on the kids at House Church. I say this because I often have a bad attitude about it because it is tough to get kids of various ages and discipline to work on anything for a sustained period. I usually get frustrated and lose my love for the kids in some small ways. Tonight however, I feel like God honored my willingness to suck it up and try to love them all. The kids were great, they all worked hard, they all had good things to say, and I think the older ones actually understood what the passage we read was trying to say. Uh, to be amused by playdough and puzzles for hours- if only life was still so simple!

No comments: