Monday, March 13, 2006

Sick

I was home sick from work today-- I am wondering if Satan has something to do with my illness. I don't like to give him credit for anything but Apex was last night and I think it is very important that I am connected to the whole community and I was excited to go. I woke up in the middle of the night Sunday morning violently ill and just couldn't get over it. I prayed in Christ's name, against the devil, that the power of the Lord would take over and that His name would protect my house. Well, I didn't make it to Apex but I do think Jesus helped me out because the insurance check for my flooded house came today and I was able to send it next day mail to my mortgage company and hopefully they will send it back quickly since I am supposed to pay for and pick up my new flooring on Friday! God works all things for good- I hold onto that very tightly and I believe it with everything that is in me.
While I sat here feeling sorry for myself today my friend was at the doctors with her dad where she found out that his cancer is back. I am praying for their family-- as always in these situations I don't know what to pray because if God wants her dad then he will die but I pray for comfort, understanding, and for the family to see God's hand in the whole thing. I don't know why our loved ones have to suffer, I don't know why we have to stand by with nothing to do while our friends suffer, but I do know that God is in control and I trust Him to work all things for His glory!
On a happier note our boys basketball team is in the city tournament and the first game is tomorrow-- as always I have made spirit posters for them all and plan to get up early and hang them around campus! I love doing cool things for the kids!!

2 comments:

Sherry said...

Thanks for the little note Susie B. I am missing you a lot. I am shooting prayers your way, and know God is right there taking care of things.

Cancer is a strange thing, evil I think, yet it brings so many together. Just another mistery in this thing we call life. I will pray for your friend and her dad. Talk to you soon!

Monarchrist_John said...

Susie,
I'm so sorry to hear your not feeling good. Sara and the kids are all sick too so maybe its just that time of year again. Hey I was wondering if Zak has a blog site yet and if he does if you could talk him into sending me an e-mail with it or whatever. The address I'm checking the most right now is tiggertooz@yahoo.com.

By the way things here are going well I'm starting to get plugged into the chapel which is within walking distance of my room, work and the chow hall. Pray for my workmates there are only a few of them that know the Lord and also that I would have the courage and the walk to be able to witness to them.